Biometrics Subject Matter Expert (SME)
Location: Remote + Travel to Mexico (The biometric SME will be expected to be in Mexico for a minimum of two weeks every month for the entirety of the contract to assist in the facilitation of duties.)
The Biometrics SME shall have overall responsibility of providing biometric identity management system guidance to ensure the utilization of industry best practices through biometric system subject matter expertise.
- Ten (10) years of knowledge and practical experience of IT application building and Operations and Maintenance (O & M) system support
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience in building multimodal backend and frontend biometric systems
- Extensive understanding of cloud architecture and the process to migrate and existing application to a cloud environment
- Eight (8) years of knowledge of biometric collection, matching algorithm, analysis experience as well as working knowledge of DHS biometric systems, interfaces, connections and operational needs.
- Five (5) years of knowledge associated with building and deploying biometrics identity information interfaces with various USG agencies such as DOD Automated Biometrics Identification System (ABIS), DHS IDENT, DOJ Next Generation Identification (NGI), and DOJ Joint Automated Booking System (JABS)
- Five (5) years of expert knowledge and proven practical application in software development building front-end and middle tier software components
- Five (5) years of expert knowledge in the implementation of and adherence to NIST biometric standards for multi-modal applications
- Full understanding of biometric and biographic matching algorithms to include the following technologies: Fingerprint, Iris recognition, Face recognition. Full understanding of failure rates, threshold adjustments, and troubleshooting
- Possess or have the ability to acquire Department of State Public Trust clearance
- Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college
- The Offeror’s key personnel demonstrate past experience in designing, developing, testing, integrating, deploying and supporting large-scale information technology transactional systems. The past performance indicates applicable experience with the methodologies, tools and technologies proposed for executing the work in the PWS.
- The Offeror’s key personnel demonstrate past experience integrating biometric applications with Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Biometric System (IDENT).
- The Offeror’s key personnel demonstrate past experience integrating biometric applications from any third country to any USG biometric system (DHS IDENT, FBI NGI, or DOD ABIS).