Multiple Locations, NY
November 15, 2017
Number of Positions
Transportation Security Administration.
- Support operational testing of various types of security equipment located in the nation’s airports, ferry terminals, train stations, and bus stations. Data collection tasks may include, but are not limited to, manual data collection using mobile handheld technologies, downloading data stored on security equipment, conducting operator interviews, timing of processes/procedures, evaluating vendor/contractor-provided training, and providing daily input of activities to site lead(s) in a timely manner. Duties may also include passing through security equipment to test equipment and/or procedures.
- 100% travel required, each trip duration may be up to 2 months
- Strong written and oral communication skills required, as well as ability to work well with others in team.
- Must maintain responsible, dependable behavior, as well as professional focus and awareness while working in potentially stressful environment that includes noise from alarms, machinery, and people/crowds; hard deadlines; and dynamic data collection methods.
- Candidate must have flexibility in their schedule to accommodate fluid test schedules with rapid and frequent changes.
- Schedule may contain work on any day from Sunday through Saturday, and may include irregular hours, nights, changing shifts, and split shifts.
- Position contingent upon candidate obtaining an interim Secret security clearance and successfully passing the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Transportation Security Administration (TSA) vetting process.
- This position requires a Bachelor’s degree with no (0) experience _OR_ a High School Diploma and six(6) years of relevant experience.