Mid-Level Database Developer
In this role, the DBA will be responsible for developing innovative SQL & PL/SQL solutions to improve the performance, integrity and security of the clients databases in order to achieve the mission of the Department of State CA/CST and priorities of the client. The DBA will serve as a champion for driving data quality initiatives and pre-emptive production support and will quantify the client impact.
The DBA will:
- Write packages, stored procedures and functions, and triggers.
- Read, understand and improve upon existing SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Unit test code, and identify and fix bugs.
- Define and create data structures for schemas including tables, views, indexes etc.
- Assist in developing deployment scripts for releases.
- Analyze legacy data and production support issues; determine areas of improvement and propose remediation; execute pre-emptive data remediation; analyze and report the improvements/results.
- Generate weekly status updates, technical documentation, and milestone reports that show the benefits of data quality and pre-emptive data remediation.