Andrews AFB, MD
March 26, 2019
Number of Positions
Air National Guard.
- Plan, design, & integrate data telecommunications systems.
- Develop architecture, design, implementation, & security documentation for LAN/WAN solutions.
- Perform a variety of engineering studies and analysis and recommend hardware and software improvements to overall network design & performance.
- Study traffic to determine optimal system configurations.
- Apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts to job assignments and contribute to the development of new ideas and principles.
- Solve uniquely complex problems and interface with internal and external clients.
- Work on long range programs and objectives and provide advice to the organization in area of expertise.
- Act as a technical SME to Project Managers, Branch Chiefs, and Senior Leaders.
- Attend technical interchange meetings with other DoD organizations on behalf of the customer. Basic Qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience with network engineering in a professional work environment.
- Experience with DISC STIGs, TCNO/IAVA and software or firmware patches and upgrades.
- Demonstrated Knowledge of LAN/WAN design methodologies.
- Working knowledge of routing, switching, IP accelerators, firewalls, VPN appliances, Proxies.
- Knowledge of Virtualization technologies, Microsoft OS’s.
- Working knowledge of Solar Winds Orion, Cisco Prime, HPE Intelligent Management Center (IMC).
- Knowledge of DoD NIPR Net & SIPR Net LAN/WAN environments.
- Ability to provide IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Ability to communicate both written and verbally with other Technical SMEs, PMs, Branch Chiefs, and Senior Leaders.
- DoD Information Assurance Workforce Certifications. Additional Qualifications:
- Knowledge of DIACAP and RMF processes
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Electrical Engineering
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) Certification preferred