March 26, 2019
Number of Positions
U. S. Department of State.
- Define and create data structures for schemas including tables, views, indexes etc.
- Understand table indexing and query strategies, database objects maintenance and performance issues.
- Proficiency in writing packages, stored procedures and functions, and triggers.
- Read, understand and improve upon (refactor) existing SQL and PL/SQL code.
- Unit test code, ability to identify and fix bugs.
- Assist in developing deployment scripts for releases.
- Understand how to develop and enforce coding standards and source code development standards.
- Create consistent and accurate technical documentation.
- Ability to support and understand multiple existing applications and schemas.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and manage work load. Qualifications
- 8+ years of experience with Oracle and PL/SQL of experience in software development.
- Solid understanding of Relational Model.
- Possess a strong understanding of SQL, PL/SQL and Oracle platform.
- Solid understanding of Oracle database design and development using PL/SQL.
- Must be self-directed and able to function both independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrate advanced critical thinking and trouble-shooting capabilities to assess, prioritize, plan, and implement tasks and solutions effectively, including the ability to manage multiple applications at a time.
- Excellent written and oracle communication skills
- Toad and UNIX/Linux experience
- Relevant combination of education and experience. Desired, but not essential
- Oracle Certifications